Friday, June 4, 2010

Midnight 5k


So this last weekend I ran and finished my first 5k. Yep that is 3.2 miles, not a big deal for some but for me it was like running a marathon. It was so much fun except the part when I felt like I was dying because I am sooooo out of shape.

This is a group of friends from work, we all decided to stick together and just have fun, well........
This is how it ended up, everyone ditched me.. haha! I must have been to slow for them. Poor Tami stayed with me, I think she felt guilty leaving me since she was the last one (sucka!!!) The wind was blowing so hard right in our faces.
I didn't die, and I didn't finish last. Of course it doesnt look like anyone is behind me in this pic but there really was I promise. This run is so fun they give you tons of glow stuff, most of mine fell off probably because of my speed. My time was 39.44, I was 75th out of 78 in my age group haha!!! Oh well next race is in Oct. and I can only get better RIGHT?!!!

5 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I should have gone... at least then you would have been the one bailing on a friend instead of the other way around... only you probably would have had to call the ambulance first.

Angie Stewart Black said...

I can't believe I couldn't find you that night. I swear you said to meet you by the fountain...I think you ditched me! LOL. What in the world are you wearing in the first picture? I mean, you look great and all but what is it?? Good job. So proud of you. I mean, you didn't come in DEAD last right!!!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I was so sad I missed that race...I so wanted to run with all of you. Good job you! I am proud of my 78th place friend!
Love you...hope you are doing well...because I NEVER get to see you anymore :(

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

oh I meant 75th place!! Gee I jipped you out of 3 whole places. Boo me!

Ricki said...

Ummm....do I have the right blog?!!! Kendra McArthur finished a 5K?!!!! Are you sure?!!! I am so proud of you! I knew you eventually would get the running bug, since you are around it all the time!!! Good job! Can you give me the running bug back? I kind of lost it!!!

Come get your crimper and never let me borrow it again!!! LOL! I suck at getting things back to people!!